Professor of Radiology
Clinical Diagnostic Physicist
Undergraduate: BS, Physics, Nanjing University, China, 1986
Graduate: MS, Acoustics, Institute of Acoustics, Academia Sinica, 1989
MS Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1992
Doctorate: PhD, Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1994
Certification: American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiological Physics, 1997
- Certificate of Merit, at the 92nd Annual Meeting of Radiological Society of North America, 2006.
- JACMP Award for Excellence for the Best Diagnostic Imaging Paper in 2005.
- JACMP Award for Excellence for the Best Diagnostic Imaging Paper in 2003.
- Magna Cum Laudeat 82nd annual meeting of Radiological Society of North America, 1996.
- Second Place Scientific Exhibit at the annual convention of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, 1995.
- American Association of Physicist in Medicine, Ultrasound Subcommittee, 1997 - present
- American Association of Physicist in Medicine, Imaging Physics Curricula Subcommittee, 2006-present
- American Association of Physicist in Medicine, Chair of Ultrasound Subcommittee, 2006-2008.
- American Association of Physicist in Medicine, Imaging Physics Committee, 2006-2008.
- RSNA Scientific Program Committee, AAPM liaison, 2006-2008
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, Technical Standards Committee, 2007 – present
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, Sonography Exam Committee, 2000 – 2009
- American Board of Radiology, Exam Item Writing Task Force, 2003 – 2009
- American College of Medical Physics, Diagnostic Standards Subcommittee, 2004 - 2005
- Reviewer: NIH Grant Study Sections of SBIB S91, SBIB-V, SBIB-J(91) and SBIB-T(10), 2009-present.
- Associate Editor: Medical Physics, 2009 – present.
- Reviewer: AAPM Annual Meeting Abstracts, 2010 – present.
Clinical physics in diagnostic imaging, radiation dose, patient safety
Patient radiation dose reporting, clinical image quality assessment